Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ballet


Deneile and Ava were in dance classes this year.  So on May 23rd they had their year end dance recital.  It was fun to be able to watch them up on stage!

Ava's class were circus bears




They did a very cute dance.  I wish I could figure out how to do the video so you could see it.


Deneile's class were squirrels.  Their dance was also very cute.





I was costume parent for Deneile's class this year.  I thought it would be a pretty easy thing since the last 2 years the costume parent just washed and did a little mending of the costumes already provided.  This year the teacher wanted them to be squirrels and there was no costume for it.  So She gave me a bunch of tulle and asked me to make squirrel tails.  So of course I did what every girl - who doesn't know the first thing about making costumes - does.  I called my mom. She gave me the idea about putting craft wire up through the tulle.  So that is what I did and the result was very cute.  The teacher was very impressed and said that it was better then what she was thinking.  So thanks mom!

1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

Very cute! I'd die if I was costume parent. Love love love the tails!