Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ava's 8th Birthday Spa


 For Ava's 8th Birthday she requested a spa birthday.  So I tried to come up with some ideas for it.  Since I have never been to a spa it wasn't too easy to know what to do... well then I remembered that Ava and probably all the girls coming to the party probably haven't gone to a spa either so really what ever I did they would think was what they did in a spa.


First, decorations.  Well I decorated with candles all over the house... I put sand in vases and stuck candles in those and along the window sill by the front door.  I also got these awesome tissue balls from my friend and hung them in the living room.
 I got these from my friend a few weeks before the birthday party and then Deneile wanted them for her birthday a week later so they hung in my living room for almost a month!!  I liked them there and was kind of reluctant to take them down!

 Next the food.  I love the editable arrangements but they are way too much for me to buy so I have started making them.  I have made them a few times but I have to say that these were my best so far!


I decided that spa food should be small and cute and tasty so I made mini cheesecakes, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches and  jam and cream cheese sandwiches. And of course the fruit bouquets.


As they walked in to the "Spa" They got a bottle of water.  I made a customized label for each one and think they turned out pretty cute!


 Then they sat down to soak their feet in warm water and Epsom salt.  We gave them books to read and magazines to enjoy but they mostly talked and had fun!

 Then they got their nails done and toe nails painted! I am so grateful for Sarah, Jena and Vicky for helping, I couldn't have done it without them!


They all got bath turban towels that my mom helped me make. The girls thought they were fun and it kept their hair out of their faces for their oatmeal masks.

 The dreaded oatmeal mask!  The girls were a little apprehensive but most of them powered through sticky feeling and actually had a good time!

 I made cupcakes for her cake again because I thought spa food needed to be small and pretty.  I did some roses on the cupcakes and I think that they turned out pretty good!


Last but not least the goody basket.  I bought some Easter baskets after Easter for really cheap and put in their towel turban, bath sponge, water bottle, silly bands and a few other little items. The girls loved them and I thought they turned out pretty good!


 I am so glad that I was able to put this on with the help of the lovely ladies!!  Happy birthday Ava!

No comments: