Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer so far

It has been a cold and rainy summer, but there have been a few days were the sun has peeked through the clouds and we have been able to get out. We have been going to swimming lessons everyday for the last two weeks. Miracle of miracles all my kids were able to get into the same time slot! Wow that has never happened before! I like the fact that swimming lessons gets us out the door by ten am. But I have been a little lazy, I will stay in be until it is time to go... Then I come downstairs and the house is a mess because the kids have been up getting their own breakfast... one time I came downstairs and Alex is eating in the living room (which is a no, no at our house) and I asked him why he was eating in the living room... He says to me, "I didn't do it"... I said, "I saw you eating in there." and he says, "It was the robot I made... I told you I was going to make one." I laughed so hard. He has been collecting boxes to make into a robot, it is true. I am just amazed that a few boxes turned into something so real looking!!

This summer the Burnaby village museum is free and so the Price's called us up and we went together. It was actually really fun! I love old stuff though so it was really neat to see all the old time stuff... There was a few things that were hard... EVERYTHING was DO NOT TOUCH!! My kids were actually really good but there was even a time when Alex sat on a wooden chair and the woman tells him he can't touch that... Then at the trolly place they were touching the outside of the trolly, the metal part where it connects to other parts of the trolly... Oh you can't touch that... then they had a bell at the trolly place that says "Try me"... well the kids were very excited something that tells them to touch... the guy didn't like the ringing I guess because he came over and told them not to touch!! But despite all that they did have a good time. The museum actually has a children's play area that has toys from the "old days" (which I think most were just from Ikea, but there were some really neat looking ones and they were all the old style of things that kids back then would play with) and they were aloud to play with those! So they did at least think of the kids at some point! For the most part it was a great time and we all enjoyed it. And of course we went to ride the carousel!!



I am going to girls camp on Wednesday to do 2 crafts and a spa... Yes I know that a spa at girls camp doesn't sound like roughing it but I am excited to do it. I found a neat spa idea Here and I am going to tweak it to my needs... I made 60 sleep masks and bought the nail polish in all the value colours! Then I bought each girl a towel to dry her feet when she finishes in the foot soak after their hike! I am going to label everything so they know what it stands for and then go from there... I hope it turns out well... Scott thinks I am crazy but I hope that the girls appreciate it and it will be worth all the effort!

1 comment:

SAH in Suburbia said...

THis sound sooooo fun. I'm anxious to hear how it goes....I head to girls camp tomorrow to do a devotional - yikes!! Not sure how that's going to fly but we'll see. You are such a "go big or go home" girl and I LOVE it!