I was in charge of the Girls camp Spa and two crafts. I was really excited to get the spa assignment since I had just done a spa for Ava's eighth birthday party. So I had some ideas... Well most of those ideas were changed, since I thought we should do something spiritual since it was girls camp. Well I was cruising the internet and found a most delightful thing all set out for me. Have I ever told you how much I love the internet! I found it here. I of coursed changed things to make it work for what I wanted.
The theme of the camp was "We Seek after these Things" and it was a pirate theme. So since it was pirate theme I tried to make all the signs look old. I burnt the edges and got pirate fonts off the internet to print them off... Made it a little harder to read but looked good and that is what matters right. Right?
First off we had the foot soak. I loved the spa explanation for this and I made sure we read the notes for it.
I also made 60 of the eye masks so each girl could take one home, and gave them out during the foot soak.
Then I had 60 towels, one for each girl and handed them out when they were finished with their foot soak. (They could also take them home as well).
Then they could go over and pick out a chap stick or a lip gloss.
Then there was the lotion section.
Then the Manicure and Pedicure and manicure section. I saw the girls actually reading the signs to each other and it made me very excited!
Notice that the nail polish is all the colours of the Values!!
After they finished their spa we had a few hours of other activities, devotional and dinner then they came and did the crafts and they did a dance as well. I didn't get to see their dance but it sounded like it was really fun.
The first craft they started on was a vinyl lettering board. I made them sand and paint the boards. I got my vinyl from this website, Just Stick 'em. She is so awesome, even if it is not on her website she can make up whatever you want! I order from her all the time!
Then when they were finished that they made some washer necklaces that again I got the idea off the internet here, and here. I asked the girls to stamp a word into the washer that represents the camp to them. I was thinking I would tell them the word but decided that they could make it personal to them. Some put their own name or the name of their pet, but some put words like AWESOME, HOPE, FUN. I thought that was great. The stamps we used were from Harbor freight. They were a little difficult for the girls to figure out so if you do them have some extras! I think it turned out really well and the girls had fun! I know I did!
1 comment:
Sooooo fabulous. I have never been to girls camp so to see all of these amazing activities for the YW in our stake - I'm envious that I didn't get to participate as a girl....but even then I don't remember there being such GREAT STUFF planned.
Your craft ideas are great too! I've made the washer necklaces. I got my stamp set at Lee Valley Tools. Had I known you were making these I would have sent my set with you to use too.
Great job Lisa!!!
Post a Comment